With as many bids as we are involved with and we analyze, there are certain lessons one can learn. One such lesson is never, ever underestimate the power of management and understanding how to drive down risk. Government evaluators don’t like risk. Quite honestly, who does like risk? It’s the spooky boogeyman that lurks around…
Bidding contracts is very time consuming and expensive. Understanding nuances of how U.S. Government agencies evaluate proposals can be challenging and downright perplexing. Every agency has their own peculiar preferences and less than obvious tendencies. Failing to recognize the fact that price does NOT always reign supreme. In fact, focusing mostly on price is often a path to a loss or “leaving money on the table.” Overcompensating via low pricing reduces profitability and it even puts performance at risk.
We know that not all contract pursuits are the same. Every pursuit is a special little snowflake, but the reality is agencies have tendencies. Why not use that knowledge to enhance your chances to win? Our approach to evaluation and “win-loss” analysis uses real data on wins and losses at an agency is focused on actionable intelligence so you can make more informed decisions.
This is why we developed FedAgency Insight!
FedAgency Insight reports feature:
- Define if the agency is a value buyer or a discount minded buyer
- What are the typical evaluation criteria of an agency?
- What strengths and how many does it take to earn a pricing premium?
- How does the agency conduct price realism measures?
- What are the leading technical and management strengths leading to wins?
- What are the leading technical and management weaknesses leading to losses?
- What is the agency’s tolerance for risk?