Enable your business development success through better MI and CI
Every successful business needs information to make sound business decisions. Many of the fiercest competitors enable their business development and capture teams to thrive through strong support from a market and competitive intelligence (MI and CI) resource. Sadly, many establish such resources through very informal practices ranging from poor hiring decisions, little to no planning to create working business processes, no significant training and ad hoc infrastructure to enable the function to work.
We can help you avoid these mistakes so your MI and CI function actually works.
Establish Your MI and CI Function
Creating a fully functional MI and CI function requires years of experience and skill in MI and CI to do it right. Our team of experts will work with you and your current business development processes to design and implement a MI and CI function so you can fulfill your MI and CI needs. We will:
- Evaluate your organization’s business development practices to understand how MI and CI is best integrated to fit how you operate
- Design MI and CI business processes to support your operation
- Train your personnel how to operate MI and CI business processes
- Train your personnel on how to conduct fundamentals of MI and CI
- Integrate MI and CI processes into your business development system
- Create infrastructure to sustain MI and CI…with a database built specifically to support such a function
Beyond our work to help you create a fully functioning MI and CI function, we have two supplemental offerings to enable a business and its personnel realize better MI and CI capabilities. This does not involve a full-fledged stand-up of a MI and CI function, but rather we furnish some tools and training for you to self-support.
We have built a web-based interface and cloud hosted database which we use to manage our competitive intelligence data. We make the same database available to clients as a service. Our database offers the following:
- Automated ingestion of text-based data from press releases and tweets from the targeted competitors.
- Automated updates of personnel for the competitor using available public data.
- Database build to capture other core competitive intelligence data to include competitor tools, known processes, patents, facilities, business organization, contracts, partnerships, merger and acquisition information.
- We will conduct company stand-up to address competitor tools, known processes, patents, facilities, business organization, contracts, partnerships, merger and acquisition information.
- A system of tags is available to be used for every data field to enable rapid searching by topic.
- Data is extractable into MS Excel files for other manipulation.
Contact us today to discuss the database and pricing!
CI Training Course
Are you new to competitive intelligence (CI) within government contracting? Perhaps you just want to refine your CI tradecraft?
FedSavvy Strategies was established in 2012 and CI is our business. We’ve built the FedSavvy Strategies Competitive Intelligence Course to teach you fundamentals in competitive intelligence using core principles in intelligence analysis.
This course takes you through the four fundamental functions of the intelligence process – Modeling, Collections, Analysis, and Production – and how to apply each function to assess the competitive landscape in the government contracting market.
- In the Modeling chapter, learn how to define intelligence questions and develop a mental model that serves as the roadmap for the lifecycle of the project.
- In the Collections chapters, learn how to effectively navigate, evaluate, and collect open-source material. Create your own Intelligence Collection Plan (ICP) to house and organize your sources.
- In the Analysis chapters, leverage both structured and unstructured techniques to evaluate competitors.
- In the Production chapter, learn how to pull all other functions together to deliver a credible, actionable report to your decisionmaker.
Upon completing this course, you will be equipped with the fundamental skillset crucial to performing competitive intelligence on government contractors. Click here to review the introductory chapter…for free!
Are you ready to buy a license? Check it out in our store!