With as many bids as we are involved with and we analyze, there are certain lessons one can learn. One such lesson is never, ever underestimate the power of management and understanding how to drive down risk. Government evaluators don’t like risk. Quite honestly, who does like risk? It’s the spooky boogeyman that lurks around…
Agency evaluation trend analysis
Bidding contracts is very time consuming and expensive. Understanding nuances of how U.S. Government customers evaluate proposals can be challenging and downright perplexing. Every agency has their own peculiar preferences and less than obvious tendencies. Many bidders fail to truly study what and how their customers evaluate proposals any further than using anecdotal evidence. Worse yet, bidders approach each customer in the same manner.
We know that not all contract pursuits are the same. Every pursuit is a special little snowflake, but the reality is agencies have identifiable and quantifiable tendencies. Why not use that knowledge to enhance your chances to win? we analyze data of real contract wins and losses to create actionable intelligence so you can make more informed decisions to win more contracts!
- Define if the agency is a value buyer or a discount minded buyer
- What are the typical evaluation criteria of an agency?
- What strengths and how many does it take to earn a pricing premium?
- How does the agency conduct price realism measures?
- What are the leading technical and management strengths leading to wins?
- What are the leading technical and management weaknesses leading to losses?
- What is the agency’s tolerance for risk?