A well-known and proven process to support capture efforts is the use of a Black Hat review session. This process starts with extensive preliminary research to provide an understanding of one or more likely or confirmed competitors (as illustrated in the Competitive Intelligence section). We take this process several steps further by using a collaborative team process to anticipate and better understand probable opposing win strategies. FedSavvy Strategies is experienced in the orchestration of these sessions from the initial preparation through final execution. Without fail, Black Hat sessions improve a capture team’s visibility into possibilities for their competitors and new approaches for their win strategies.
- Perform the preliminary competitive intelligence work on the likely or confirmed competitors
- Setup and facilitate the training and preparation calls or meetings with the team participants
- Facilitate the Black Hat session
- Act as a Black Hat team lead, as necessary
- Deliver a post-session report on the session outcome so you can use this to help shape your strategy
What FedSavvy Strategies won’t do.
FedSavvy Strategies will not waste your time with recycling information that you already know. You will not have to worry about only receiving a set of slides with generic, non-actionable information. FedSavvy Strategies will work for you to make the most out of this proven technique to provide you with knowledge and guidance to enhance your chances to win business.
Read on about our approaches and lessons learned around Black Hat Review Sessions in the FedSavvy Strategies blog series here.